Messy Hair Tutorial


Hey my girls! After lots of my friends & many of my gorgeous followers saying, "Teach me how to do your messy bun" I have it here, the How-To. This look is something I look forward to every week. A few things I want you to know about my hair is that it's mid-length and thick. This is important because my hair will look a little different than yours. However, if you have longer hair you'll be fine, there's enough length that you can pull more, [Step 6] creating a fuller look. Now if you have short hair, obviously its not going to look the same as mine. I think knowing this about my hair will help you all understand the correlation between mine and yours at home. 


Alright, lets get to it!! 
Before going into the steps of the actual bun, we need to go over some pre-work. Your hair needs to be completely straight. So all you naturally straight haired women, you have an advantage here. 
Next, I believe that clean hair is the best for this look. The way the hair pulls and is way "longer" looking making the bun look more full is best if the hair is clean. I will normally wash my hair and that day wear it straight. Next day, it's messy bun day! Yay! 
Now it's ponytail time! Creating a temporary ponytail high on your head. The higher the better, because if you want to be able to see it yourself it needs to be high. Also, it will fall a bit when you pull [Step 6].  While putting a high ponytail, make sure your hair is loose and with dimensions [aka bumps] up top.

After you have it where you want it take the hair tie out and put your hair in a tight bun like my photo below. Favorite part ALERT! Start pulling, every time you do this hairstyle this part is going to be different. You can pull some and then not like it and put it back in. 

Now that you have what you want pull some pieces around your face. 
I want to end on this, practice makes it YOUR perfect. If you try this once and its not what you want, don't give up. It takes time and PRACTICE! You will get it. I would love to hear how you all did and even see some pictures. Feel free to tag me in your photos, comment on this post, or on my Instagram post. 
XOXO Lace
Recap of the steps!
1. Straight hair
2. Relatively clean hair
3. Extra high ponytail on your head w/ loose top 
4. Release ponytail
5. Create a tight bun 
6. Start pulling [Remember this is where you get creative]
7. Release some hair from around your face
8. Voilá 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Friday Sales

Let's Go Girls!

Foundation Cheat Sheet